Thursday, February 19, 2009

Belikin Beer Brewery Tour

On a trip to Belize a few years back I had a few hours before I needed to turn in my rental car and so I decided to kill some time by stopping at the Belikin Brewery in Ladyville. I pulled up into the parking lot and found that I was the only car there except for a few official looking industrial vehicles. When I walked up to the building a couple Belikin workers came up to me and asked if I needed help. I told them that I was wondering if they gave tours of the brewery. Well, most of the guys were pretty confused as to why I would want a tour; I think it may have been a Sunday so the place was pretty quiet. They couldn't let me into the brewing area, but they showed me a few metal vats through a window. Wasn't much of a gift shop, but they opened up a few boxes of stuff like t-shirts, keychains, and best of all a nice solid metal Belikin bottle opener and I purchased a few things from the impromptu gift shop.


The tour ended up not being much to see, but it was worth the experience and I 've still got the Belikin bottle opener.

0 comments:

About This Blog

This blog is dedicated to Belize and Central America from the Yucatan peninsula to the edge of the Mosquito Coast in Honduras. After spending a lot of time in Belize I've picked up on a lot of info that isn't in the guidebooks and this blog is my chance to record it.


After travelling extensively, I've come to realize that Belize really is a country like no other. Its a place with geographic diversity from the coral reefs to the Mayan mountains, and cultural diversity from the ancient mayans to the garifuna. All it takes is one ride along the bumpy dirt road on an old school bus in Belize to really appreciate the fact that you are in a place like no other.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP